Thursday, February 7, 2008

trying to get used to using f-words

Okay, so, maybe we have random conversations that most people wouldn't be able to follow. Maybe that's precisely why we're together. [shrug.] But the other night when we were trudging home to the quiet one-bedroom apartment that we share at the moment on an unassuming street in the middle of middle-of-nowhere-usa, we found our footsteps falling into projections into the future. When we're out of here and living together somewhere we both want to be. Where our friends are. And family.

Maybe those things don't always come out of us in the way some people can understand. Left us, mostly for most of our lives alone or unhappily engaged. But I giggle sometimes into the snow-glow pavement about just how much, now, I'm glad that I have for so long gone so misunderstood. Thank plastic-jesuses for being such a complicated "psychotic" fuck.

First, I laugh into his back as we walk single file down the icy sidewalk, you're going to have to make me pregnant.


Is that right? He asks the wind and the passing cars.

And I run pushing passed him shouting: Yeeeeessssssssssss! My arms wide flung like bat's wings and childhood playgrounds.

Yes;

1 comment: